Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Boulevard Market


 I just have to tell you about one of the most small town blog worthy shops around.  It is called The Boulevard Market.  It has a small European like quality to it with amazing cheeses, wines, and other delightful treats.  If I ever need to make my day a little bit more enjoyable, I stop by the boulevard market and pick up a few types of cheeses and a bottle of wine. Then I go home and enjoy them before dinner... and during... and after....

Our mission... using the best raw products our agriculturally rich area has to offer with an international flair and personal style to each business. The Boulevard Market and Four Corners Creamery contain all the panache of a large city with mid-western values of family and respect of the land and history of the area. -The Boulevard Market



Coffee Bar

One of the things that makes it such a blessing is that it has unique products you can't find anywhere else close by.  

Quail eggs anyone!!
                                                                









Chronic Cellars Sofa King Bueno


Oliver Hard Cider and Huntsman Cheese



Of course I couldn't leave without buying something for later.  I purchased a beautiful looking huntsman cheese and Oliver Beanblossom Hard Cider. If you don't know what huntsman cheese is, you must try it.  It is two cheeses in one!  It is Double Gloucester and Blue Stilton melded together  for a truly creamy, buttery flavor with just a slight sharp after taste.   

The Boulevard Market is owned by John and Erika Aylward.  They have a wonderful website that I suggest looking through.  It gives information about their business as well as their business trips where they find some of the most wonderful cheeses and recipes.

Most of all, the shop is owned by some very nice, down to earth, good food loving people.  Every time I walk into The Boulevard Market, someone is eager to help me out, give me samples, and tell me about the newest and most amazing cheeses from all over the world.  The owners definitely know their cheese and can tell you all about the cheeses they have, as well as the cheeses they don't have.  They are truly doing what they love and their passion shows! 
Other things they offer are cooking classes, cheese making classes, and cheese and wine tastings.
For now I must put on some good tunes and clean the house so that later I can enjoy some good cheese and cider!  It's not so bad living in a small town!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words Kellie, and for featuring The Boulevard Market!! We are able to do what we love because folks like you support small town business and write about it! Thanks for making us part of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! Thank you for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That cheese looks delicious! x

    The Londoner

    ReplyDelete